Finance Officer - AP & AR Function
MSSC, 200B Lambeth Road London, SE1 7JYContract:
£27,000 to £29,000 gross per annumClosing Date:
14 February 2024Interviews:
w/c 19 February 2024Application:
CV & Supporting Statement
Are you an experienced Finance Officer looking for a new opportunity?
The Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a vibrant and growing charity delivering life changing nautical adventure for young people through the Sea Cadets to give them the best possible head start in life. We also provide personal and professional development opportunities for seafarers with the Marine Society. Working with our staff, cadets, and volunteers, we have built a vision and five-year strategy to take us forward and further improve the astounding contribution already made through our work to the lives of thousands of young people and seafarers, while fully supporting our volunteers who are vital to our success.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Officer to join our team. You will need to be enthusiastic and detail focused individual who is working well on own initiative as well as part of the team. You will need to be proactive, approachable and communicate well at all levels. You will work closely with an Assistant Accountant.Responsibilities
- Managing weekly payments Suppliers/Staff/Volunteers
- Coding charity’s receipts and payments relating to Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Managing Supplier and Customer queries
- Performing Supplier and Customer reconciliation and Credit Control
- Processing Direct Debits
- Working closely with the team on achieving timely month end
For further information, please download the Recruitment Pack
- Cycle to work scheme and Season Ticket Loan
- 25 working days paid holiday per annum, plus public and bank holidays observed in England and Wales
- Life assurance (4x salary) for those that join the pension
- Private medical insurance
- Pension (employer contribution up to 10%)
- Wellbeing portal and EAP with 121 counselling
- Employee development: We are investing in our employees' development and have an annual calendar of learning and development opportunities, designed to support employees to develop into their roles and stretch them to achieve their full potential.
- National staff conference: All employees come together once a year to reflect on the past year and celebrate success at our offsite staff conference. This is a great opportunity to listen to employees' views, and for employees to network, share information and socialise.
If you are interested in this Finance Officer vacancy, please apply now! Additional Information
MSSC positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from all backgrounds. Equity, diversity, and inclusion really matters to us, so we can best serve our beneficiaries from every community. We work to ensure a fair and consistent recruitment process and aim to be a charity where diversity of experience, identity and skills are valued and welcomed. MSSC is an equal opportunities employer.
We recognise our responsibilities to safeguard and protect the young people and vulnerable adults with whom we work. We do all we can to promote their health, safety and wellbeing, and we expect our staff to share this commitment and work in line with safeguarding policy, the MSSC’s values and ethos of inclusivity. We adhere to safer recruitment practices and therefore employment is subject to detailed pre-employment checks for successful candidates, including references and criminal disclosure checks and the completion of a disclosure questionnaire. All successful applicants are required to attend safeguarding training and undergo a criminal record check.