We have an opportunity to join our growing Finance team as an Accounts Assistant in our head office in Swindon. You’ll be supporting the Finance Operations and Management Accounts team and contributing to accounts payable, accounts receivable and management accounting responsibilities.
The Accounts Assistant will contribute to the effective delivery of a high-quality service in finance, contributing to continuous improvements in processes, procedures, and controls in order to deliver an efficient service. The post holder will need to exercise judgement on a day-to-day basis reporting potential issues to the function manager. All activities need to be performed in accordance with defined processes, timetables and agreed service levels.
We can offer hybrid working, with 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. Key
- Support with finance operations tasks such as managing verification and allocation of AP Invoices & Credit Notes, expenses audit, coding review and updates.
- Review of and support the management of the AP and AR ledger.
- Statement reconciliation, in particular dealing with the more complex supplier and customer accounts/reconciliations e.g. follow up of reminder letters and resolution of overdue payments.
- Creating timely and accurate monthly and ad hoc journals such as accruals and prepayments.
- Analysis of nominal accounts.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations. Working closely with the finance team and other departments to address queries and discrepancies.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports related to quality control recharges.
- Support with month-end tasks .
- Providing data and analysis during interim and year end audits.
- Provide team cover at busy times as required.
- Preferred AAT or studying towards accounting qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to work with financial information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in a high-volume/large dataset environment. Analytical mindset with experience in manipulating information for reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Great organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and manage and prioritise issues.
- Employee discount: amazing discounts available on all Oak Furnitureland products after successful completion of probation
- Life assurance: free cover of a minimum of two times your annual salary up to the age of 65
- 25 days holiday per year
- Birthday: an additional day off for you to celebrate your birthday
- Hybrid working available
- Pension: 4% employee contribution matched by the company
- Employee Assistance Programme: gives all employees access to both telephone and face-to-face counselling services
- My Rewards Programme: offers discounts on everything from restaurants and supermarkets, to entertainment and holidays
- Free on-site parking