We are looking for an Audit Senior/Supervisor to join our team in Dundee.
As a key player in our rapidly growing team, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the development of this audit function. You will be responsible for managing the day to day Audit work; flag up issues and concerns to the Audit Manager at an early stage; train Assistants as needed; ensure deadlines and budgets are met and the Audit file is presented for review as a substantially complete file, finished to a good standard and signed off.
Opened in 2019, Johnston Carmichael’s Dundee office was part of a strategic operation to support the region’s growing sectors including technology and life sciences. Now sitting strong with a combined team of over 40 across a variety of business lines, we are looking to expand our well-established audit service here in Dundee. The Audit Senior/Supervisor will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Completing the Audit planning documentation.
- Arranging the timing of the Audit work with the Audit Manager responsible for the client.
- Planning, scheduling, and delegating work to Audit Assistants, as available, ensuring the most complex work is completed as soon as practical; the Audit Assistants are supported as necessary to complete their work to the standard required; work expected from the client which is incomplete is passed back to the client and is noted for the manager’s attention; and the Audit work is completed on time and to a high standard.
- Briefing, training and debriefing Audit Assistants, giving formal feedback as required.
- Liaising with client staff while on the client’s premises, building effective relationships with client’s staff.
- Monitoring budgeted versus actual time spent, flagging up scope issues, on-site issues and overruns to the Audit Manager on a timely basis.
- Keeping the client’s staff informed of progress and issues while maintaining confidentiality.
- Auditing the draft tax computation and tax provisions with supporting schedules and liaising with the tax staff to get these reviewed as required.
- Preparing the draft financial statements to a reasonable standard, free from quality control issues.
- A leader of your work and your professional learning
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively impact and influence others
- Relevant experience in this or a similar role is preferred
- Have good organisational skills
- Pro-active in your approach to their work.
With 14 offices across Scotland and beyond, we’re one of the country’s leading firms of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers. Working at Johnston Carmichael means working in a team of over 900 sharp minds - each of which is valued and heard. We support our people to ensure they can grow their own way through proactive learning and development.
At Johnston Carmichael we want what’s best for our clients, our people, and our communities. You’ll be joining a team that’s engaged with its local communities and committed to supporting them. Over the last decade, we’ve raised over £450,000 for charitable causes across Scotland and we’re also Gold Sponsors of the Kiltwalk. You can read more about our culture and the values that define us here.
We have a People and Culture Forum that generates ideas for positive change and has several subgroups including LGBTQIA+ and Gender Equality which seek to educate and encourage everyone in our firm to be themselves in order to do their best work.
If you value enabling leadership, quality, integrity, and a workplace that prioritises giving back as much as you put in, then Johnston Carmichael is the firm for you. Why Audit?
Our vision remains a constant - to be the firm of choice in all our markets. How we get there is what changes year on year.
The role and regulations of audit are transforming, and we need to keep up with this fast pace of change to ensure we provide the assurance and confidence our clients need. Long gone are the stereotypes of the traditional auditor; technology is ever evolving, and us with it. A career in audit at Johnston Carmichael is diverse and challenging, as we continually strive to provide the best service for our clients - more efficiency, greater innovation, deeper insight.
And, with 11 key industry sectors, there’s no shortage of variety when it comes to our client base. We’re also an independent member firm of Moore Global Network Limited, a global accounting and advisory network of over 30,000 advisers across more than 110 countries, so you’ll have the opportunity to work with businesses all over the globe.How working for us can work for you:
As a valued member of the Johnston Carmichael team, you’ll benefit from a number of employee benefits including but not exhaustive to; a personal pension scheme, annual leave, and life assurance, as well as your own personal training and development plan. Click here to see what’s on offer at Johnston Carmichael.
We know that 9-5 office hours aren’t for everyone. We support flexible working and also use a hybrid working model. One size doesn’t fit all, so let’s discuss what might work for you and our firm.
Doing the Right Thing and Standing in Other People’s Shoes are two of our core values. We nurture and celebrate individuality at Johnston Carmichael. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all communities. Our culture is one where everyone is enabled to be a leader of their work and their learning.
If you’re ready to work in an innovative and forward-thinking firm alongside talented, sharp minds, apply today. At Johnston Carmichael we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace. A copy of this policy will be made available on request. We also welcome applications from individuals who have had time away from paid employment