arena.online are specialists in the fulfilment of hard-to-deliver products, through our category-leading consumer brands and white-label partnerships.
We bring together a unique mix of skills to create unparalleled value in the categories in which we operate. Underpinned by a strong foundation of proprietary technology and expert fulfilment, we manage our own specialist consumer brands and white-label partnerships with some of the largest retailers in Britain to deliver millions of orders to happy customers across the country every year.
Whether it's a 2m plant to the Scottish Highlands, a personalised card, or a next-day delivery, we've got you covered.
We are a Living Wage employer, and a proud member of our communities in Droitwich and London, where we support local charities to make a difference.Requirements What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a Senior Management Accountant who will play a pivotal role in financial planning, analysis, and reporting for the business.
This position requires a meticulous individual with a strong grasp of financial principles, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to communicate complex financial information efficiently and effectively.
You will also be responsible for the effective management of our remote working Management Accountant.Key
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, providing insights into potential risks and opportunities.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct variance analysis to assess discrepancies between actual and budgeted figures, identifying underlying causes and recommending corrective actions.
- Management Reporting: Generate regular management reports, including monthly financial statements, KPIs, and weekly performance metrics, to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Cost Analysis: Analyse cost structures across departments, products, or projects, identifying areas for cost optimisation and efficiency improvements.
- Cash Flow Management: Monitor cash flows, ensuring liquidity and optimizing working capital management.
- Month-end and Year-end Close: Manage and assist in month-end and year-end closing processes, including accruals, reconciliations, and financial statement preparations.
- Compliance and Regulations: Ensure compliance with financial regulations, accounting standards, and internal policies. Assist in external audits, as necessary.
- Financial Modelling: Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives, investment decisions, and business planning processes.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing financial insights and recommendations to support operational excellence.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process enhancements, system optimisations, and best practices implementation within the finance function.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Financial Acumen
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Planning
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Ethical Conduct
Benefits Company Perks:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in management accounting, financial analysis, or a similar role.
- Proficient in financial modelling, budgeting software, and ERP systems (Sage200, Infor, Xero).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Competitive Salary
- Free flowers every fortnight
- Discounts on plants and flowers
- Private Health Insurance, that includes optical and dental
- Auto enrolment to company pension
- Perkbox subscription
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Workplace Nursery Benefit
- Free onsite parking
- Great development opportunities
Be part of arena.online's growth story - where innovation meets excellence!
Our Diversity Statement:
We are an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to ensuring that our workplace and employment practice treats all its employees and job applicants equally, fairly and with respect.
The company does not discriminate against any employees or job applicants on the grounds of (including but not limited to) their race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.