We have an outstanding opportunity within our Financial Crime Risk Team. This Team manages and oversees financial crime risk supporting our Macquarie Capital Business
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients, and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcome. What role will you play?
You will be the first point of contact for all financial crime risk advisory matters covering Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorism Financing, Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
You will work closely with our EMEA Business/Desk Heads and provide day-to-day advice to them on client and transaction risk assessments, due diligence, and Know Your Customer / Customer Identification Procedure requirements, with a particular focus on higher risk client engagements.
You will also be responsible for delivering a comprehensive, succinct and risk focused Enhanced Due Diligence, including risk assessments and recommendations on relationships with Politically Exposed Persons, and for making recommendations to our senior management team on the approval or rejection of higher risk clients / transactions. What you offer
- Strong foundational Anti-Money Laundering /Counter Terrorism Financing knowledge and strong Anti-Bribery & Corruption and/or sanctions control experience from within a large banking organisation, or from a background in consulting, risk management or mergers & acquisitions
- Deep knowledge of local EMEA regulations, legislation and best practice and internal best practice
- Strong knowledge of investment banking products and services is desirable, particularly across corporate advisory, debt, equity and private capital markets, principal investing and financing, and equity brokerage.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities with demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders through effective communication and persuasive presentations, and
- Specialist Finance Crime Risk knowledge and experience conducting pre-transactional due diligence.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
About the Risk Management Group
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave.
- Primary carers are eligible for minimum 20 weeks paid leave and minimum 6 weeks for secondary carer.
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological, and financial wellbeing.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition and service awards
In our Risk Management Group, you will be part of an independent, and centralised function, responsible for independent and objective review and challenge, oversight, monitoring and reporting in relation to Macquarie’s material risks. Our divisions include behavioural risk, compliance, credit, financial crime risk, internal audit, market risk, operational risk and governance, prudential risk, and Risk Management Group central. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.