Our client is a leading Barristers Chambers specialising in criminal law, financial crime, health and safety, regulatory and disciplinary and consumer and trading standards law. Members act as both advisors and advocates in all aspects of their key practice areas both domestically and internationally.Chambers are seeking a Business Manager to manage the administration of Chambers.The Role:
Working within an established and dynamic team, this important role will maintain the efficient operation of Chambers business, managing and delivering a broad range of functions, often with competing deadlines. To deliver this successfully requires a multi-skilled individual capable of demonstrating leadership and personal initiative. This role would suit someone with bookkeeping experience who is looking for a multifaceted administration role.Main responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of Chambers finance and administration
- Maintain and develop Chambers financial management systems including monthly bank reconciliations within Sage
- Liaising with chambers accountants regarding staff payroll
- Responsible for all employee documentation relating to HR, contracts, job descriptions etc
- Manage the Chambers pension scheme and health care scheme including enrolment of new staff, payment of contributions made through payroll and sourcing the best schemes available
- Ensure staff have annual appraisals, adequate training and development
- Assisting the Pupillage and Tenancy Committee with management of the Pupillage Gateway and applications
Building, Accommodation & Facilities Management
- Supporting Chambers marketing strategy, including supervision of Chambers website and organising seminars and Chambers hospitality, and assist the Senior Clerk and members of chambers individually in targeted marketing of solicitors and other professional clients
The ideal candidate will be:
- Management of household & business matters: equipment; IT; printing, property management, services & suppliers
Used to dealing with high volumes of information and working to deadlines. Comfortable creating and presenting reports for use by colleagues and management teams. Highly organised, numerate and professional, with a can-do approach to work. Calm under pressure, punctual, reliable and flexible and a supportive team player.
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with your CV to exclusively retained consultants, GRL Legal.
To discuss this role please contact exclusively retained Consultants, GRL Legal LLP.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 26th January 2024
. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately.