Purpose of the role:
A full-time vacancy has arisen for a Management Accountant to support the Troubles Payment Scheme contract on a permanent basis.
In this role you will partner with the Heads of Service to support them with financial forecasting, month end reporting and efficiency savings. You will support the operational teams to deliver business objectives which will require you to challenge and influence as much as support. Core experience of the management accounts process is essential, and you will need to be able to work to tight deadlines. *Travel will be required to one of the Capita offices in Preston or Manchester*What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Preparation of monthly reporting of results to group timetable
- Provision of insightful commentary on key monthly variances
- Business partnering with operational managers to ensure the monthly forecasting process and annual planning process create accurate financial forecasts that link to the operational activities.
- Preparation of open book accounts and associated MI for the customer.
- To lead, develop, implement, review and analyse all key financial controls and cost/revenue drivers, including management information for the business.
- Preparation of business cases to support capital expenditure requests
- Calculate employee earnings and monitor the costs and benefits including the financial evaluation of any proposed changes to the incentive scheme
- 60% of the role will be business partnering with operations managers, production of month end accounts and maintaining an accurate financial forecast.
- 30% of the role will involve the preparation and presentation of open book accounts to customers, including answering any customer questions.
- 10% of the role will be ad hoc work on business cases and ensuring the finance infrastructure is in place for new contract wins
About Capita TPDPS ( Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme)
- Part-qualified accountant with demonstrable knowledge of accounting practice
- Demonstrable experience of devising solutions to accounting problems
- An excellent working knowledge of IT packages, in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using SAP
Capita TPDPS employs a diverse range of people, taking in health professionals, enquiry centre agents and operations staff. Our aim is to conduct assessments to the highest standards in an empathetic, professional and dignified way on behalf of claimants and the DoJ.What's in it for you?
What we hope you'll do next:
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email at or call and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.