We are recruiting for anAccounts Assistant
to be based in our head office inLeighton Buzzard
. You will be part of the Group Finance Department, work as part of the team responsible for the bookkeeping of the Groups accounts payable and accounts receivable functions ensuring that all transactions are processed accurately and efficiently in accordance with the companys policies and controls. This primarily includes processing suppliers invoices and employees expenses, allocating customer cash, managing the creditors and debtors ledgers and supporting key stakeholders who rely on the transactional operation of the finance team.
Daily duties will generally alternate between the three areas of the team (accounts payable, accounts receivable and expenses) on a rota schedule.Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all supplier invoices and employee expense/mileage claims are processed accurately and on a timely basis, as well as ensuring these are approved correctly in accordance with the Groups Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to avoid any suspensions or late payment charges, including reconciling accounts.
- Identify and allocate all customer cash receipts accurately and efficiently ensuring that the cash books are kept as clear as possible at all times.
- Enter sales invoices ensuring entries are logged correctly with no duplicates and that income and VAT is treated correctly.
- Post other relevant journals such as write offs, expense recharges and adjustments/corrections.
- Resolve issues with suppliers, customers and business partners.
- Regularly monitor the various mailboxes and AP/AR ticket portal and respond to queries within relevant SLAs. Ensure all enquiries from internal and external stakeholders are handled efficiently and professionally.
- Undertake any other duties which may be requested by the line manager.
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A customer focused approach to work
- Currently studying or planning to study a recognised accounting qualification (eg. AAT, ACCA, CIMA
Connells Group is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK. Founded in 1936 and with a network of nearly 600 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions.
Connells Group UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Equality Act 2010