We are recruiting for aPayroll Specialist
to join our team inMilton Keynes.This role is based in our Milton Keynes office Monday to Friday.
Ideally, you will have at least 18 months experience in a payroll position and ideally be CIPP qualified.Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have /need to be:
- Accurately enter data onto Resourcelink; including starters, leavers and change of details, attachment of earnings and timesheets.
- Actively chase employees for missing paperwork/outstanding information to ensure that cut offs are met.
- Accurately calculate and check other administrators debt calculations and ensure all relevant information is added to the debt recovery record and that cases are progressed through the various stages.
- Ensure that all documentation showing data entered is placed in the checking folder daily to allow for your work to be checked.
- Accurately check other administrators work to ensure 100% accuracy in all input.
- Accurately process all pension changes for each months payroll (Changes / Opt ins / Opt outs etc.).
- Ensure all variable data has been accurately input for the payroll run.
- Provide a monthly payroll timetable for the team so everyone is aware of the key dates for each month.
- Ensure that all pre Gross to net checks are performed to a high degree of accuracy and feedback is provided to your Team Leader where repetitive issues are spotted.
- Accurately check and approve faster payment calculations from the administrators for payment outside of the normal payroll.
- Answer general payroll queries by telephone, Jira, email and/or letter in a polite, professional and timely fashion.
- Ensuring awareness of internal and external audit items that are raised when auditors have been in, to ensure that you are aware of any process changes.
- Seeking to broaden your payroll knowledge through reading articles/magazines, or watching the training videos supplied by the Learn Centre, watching webinars provided by HMRC.
- Highly Organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working within payroll
- Able to verbally communicate clearly both with employees and the rest of the team
- A team player, keen to work together and take part in discussions
- Able to communicate using written media, with a high level of spelling and grammatical accuracy
- Eager to expand your knowledge or suggest improvements to processes where you can
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook/Word)
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK. Founded in 1936 and with a network of nearly 600 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions.Connells Group UK
is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.