Head of Finance and COFA
£45,000 -55,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 9am 5:30pm
Full time and Permanent
Office Based Liverpool
Billion Recruitment group are working with a well-established law firm based in the Liverpool area to hire a Head Of Finiance.
They are a dedicated personal injury law firm, well known for putting employees at the heart of their success, providing an excellent working environment, great employee benefits, ongoing support, a mapped career progression and an industry leading bonus scheme.
Our client employs high level solicitors who are renowned for their expertise in Conveyancing, Divorce as well as Personal Injury claims.Responsibilities:
- Overseeing small team of legal cashiers and Costs draughtsmen/administrators
- General accounts and legal cashiering responsibilities - payroll (including overtime/bonuses/deductions), Month end, Purchase ledger and bank reconciliation.
- Ensuring the firms compliance with all aspects of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Management of cash flow including liaison with the fee earner team and chasing costs/disbursements.
- Maintenance and development of the operation of the firms systems and general financial controls
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the management of the finance function in a busy solicitors practice
- Good excel and analysis skills
- Extensive knowledge of the use of case management systems (Proclaim knowledge preferred) including the development of new screens and processes to improve efficiency and control
- Account reconciliation experience and skills
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules and the responsibilities that come with the COFA role.
If you feel this job role is for you, please apply with an up-to-date CV and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact if successful.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-timeSalary:
£45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Liverpool: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- management of the finance function: 3 years (preferred)
- practical experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules: 3 years (preferred)