Hybrid, Southeast (London or Kent preferred)
£50,000- £60,000 Plus company car or car allowance Overview of the Business
Our client is a leading support services and facilities company in the UK, dedicated to reshaping the future for people and places. Guided by a set of core values, their entire approach is built upon an integrated business model. Providing support services, facilities management, and staffing resourcing, they tailor bespoke solutions for their customers. The emphasis on safety, sustainability, and effectiveness is steered by their committed team and core values, ensuring the provision of outstanding solutions for their clients.Purpose of the role
The Commercial Manager is a senior executive responsible for overseeing the commercial, bidding and contractual functions within the group. This role involves bid management, strategic planning, , contract negotiation, and ensuring the overall success and profitability of all services. As Commercial Manager you will play a crucial role in the success of the organisation by ensuring operational efficiency, financial sustainability, and compliance with contractual obligations.Key
Lead the operational delivery and monitoring of contract performance, ensuring adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Drive initiatives for continuous improvement in customer experience, service efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and sector initiatives to make informed decisions and identify business opportunities.
- Commercially manage all supply chain and supplier performance within the account, implementing sustainable solutions for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Develop and manage contracts and bids that reflect customers' needs, comply with legislation, and consider health and safety, fraud prevention, sustainability, and workforce issues.
- Assist and facilitate in all aspects of commercial contract portfolio procurement in collaboration with procurement and technical specialists.
- Deliver efficiency savings by adopting a strategic performance management approach and working closely with service areas to control and manage expenditure.
- Recruit, motivate, and manage the Account Management Team, ensuring career development opportunities and fostering a positive working environment.
- Lead the induction process within the account, ensuring correct relationship delivery from day one, and regularly review the training and development needs of the team.
Risk & Compliance:
- Have a solid understanding of budgeting and reporting at a senior level, including profit and loss (P&L) statements.
- Demonstrate sound financial acumen, including financial modelling, contract pricing, and various pricing models.
- Assist in analysing and managing risk, including assessing revenue opportunities versus cost and risk.
- Contract Governance: Support in defining, driving, and overseeing commercial and contract governance, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
- Take a key supporting role in the management of contractual claims and disputes with clients and other third parties.
Experience and Skills
- Assist in producing reports and summaries for senior and non-commercial audiences, articulating key matters effectively.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster positive long-term relationships with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams.
- Experience of supporting businesses full commercial life cycle, from bid to renewal/exit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong & confident communicator able to successfully engage and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Overseeing the handling and viability of contracts
- Clear and demonstrable risk management experience
- Bid management experience is advantageous
- Up-to date legal & compliance knowledge
- Competitive salary of £50,000- £60,000 per annum
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Private Pension Scheme
- Travel Allowance