Principal Accountant Location:
Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Up to £46,000 Dependent Upon Experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54996
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Accountant, at our Plymouth site.
As a Principal Accountant, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Providing accurate and timely financial information and advice relating to all areas of responsibility to Business Unit and Programme Managers to enable them to exercise effective financial control over the area to maximise value for money, cashflow and profitability.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for the production and analysis of accounts in accordance with the issued monthly timetable, as well as maintaining the integrity of data that supports the accounts maintaining full audit trails for both internal and external audit purposes:
- Oversight and consolidation of monthly performance packs for management reviews in conjunction with the respective operational teams. These packs are also to be prepared on a quarterly basis for Senior Management review.
- Leading financial performance reviews with operational stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Maximise profitability of the programme and ensure timely and accurate cash recovery in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Coordination and consolidation of Cost Certificates/statements for MoD in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
This role is a full-time position, that is contracted 36 hours a week and will be based at our Plymouth site with hybrid working from home arrangements. The current requirement is to be in the office more often than not.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Principal Accountant:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- High quality standards and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience of IFS and / or Business Analytics is an advantage but, not essential.
Qualifications for the Principal Accountant:
- Hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent / similar.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 14/02/2024