Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences--big and small, new and familiar--that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships--resulting in proven, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
- Drive improvements to intercompany accounting process, including mitigation of material FX exposures and settlement of intercompany positions
- Proactive to business partner with US and EMEA counterparties across the Group to resolve intercompany variances and reconcile any outstanding amounts on a timely basis.
- Accountable for the intercompany process to improve and challenge current procedures, seeking to drive automation for salary recharges.
- Specialist responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with legislation.
- Actively communicate with counterparties, accruing the monthly costs, preparing quarterly intercompany invoice recharges accurately and on a timely basis, providing all the necessary support for local reporting purposes.
- Liaise with Corporate Tax to ensure annual recharges are correctly accounted for across EMEA entities in compliance with the Groupon Transfer Pricing framework.
- Coordinate with the Shared Service Centre to process intercompany invoices including receiving and posting invoices to the ledger, intercompany payments as well as supplier statement and bank reconciliations.
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure foreign currency exchange/ translation is appropriately captured and accounted for
- Manage a team of 2 to 5 team members
- 5+ years of experience ideally previously worked in US global matrix environment (ACA or ACCA an advantage)
- 2+ years of experience working with foreign currency translation on intercompany transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, proficient at using Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, able to resolve issues with own initiative
- Positive mindset with a drive to continually improve and challenge existing processes
- Netsuite experience preferable but any ERP experience.
Groupon's purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.