Our market leading Rating team provides rating advice to a broad range of clients including landlords, occupiers, investors, and developers. You will be tasked with supporting the occupier team, building on existing market success; you will have the tenacity and ability to learn new skills and develop new business and provide support to Directors on high profile and complex cases.
CBRE's Rating team has enjoyed tremendous growth delivering profit and creating opportunities for individuals to progress their careers
They are now in a position to further accelerate the growth of their business across the UK through the London and regional offices. To succeed, they need to recruit an ambitious, talented individual.
- To work with prestigious occupational clients and to provide bespoke rates appeal via check, challenge & appeal, provide temporary occupation advice to a variety of clients.
- To assist with and provide rating advice to developer and landlord clients through all stages of the development cycle including deletion / RV appeals, completion notices and mitigation strategies.
- To manage and grow your own client base and case load with a view to taking on more responsibility with increased experience.
- Developing excellent business relationships with new and existing clients.
- Approaching potential new clients on the phone
- To assist with the preparation of Valuation Tribunal procedural documents including challenge documents.
- To integrate fully in the wider CBRE network and to develop relationships with key CBRE service lines including Agency, Investment and Development to promote the team and leverage opportunities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Commercially astute with an entrepreneurial attitude to business development.
- Ability to work autonomously and co-ordinate tasks efficiently to ensure deadlines are met.
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Confident and assertive where required.
- Sociable and outgoing.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion.
- Team player who works effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook).
It would be helpful to have the following but is not essential:
- Experience in providing rating advice and negotiating appeals.
- Detailed knowledge of rating legislation and case law.
- Good general surveying and inspection skills.
- Familiarity with Rating software Riverlake and Analyse beneficial