Contract Type: Permanent
Business Area: Bakkavor Desserts
We're the biggest name you've never heard of. You've probably eaten our food - you just didn't realise it. We make innovative fresh products, with around 18,500 colleagues working across the UK, US and China. We’re the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers (including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's and Waitrose). We’re ambitious. We’re full of ideas. And we’re ready for more people who share our values and passion for quality to join us.Finance Manager
Bakkavor Desserts Devizes based in Wiltshire and specialises in making Baked/Bakery Desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies, and pastries. The site employs over 550 people and is one of three factories that are part of the Bakkavor Desserts sector in the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager - Operations to join our Bakkavor Desserts Management Accounting team.
We’re proud to offer you a career with real scope for development. To reward your hard work and ambition as a talented Finance Manager with plenty of support and opportunity. And empower you to drive your own success and create a career you can be proud of too.
In this busy and exciting role, you will be responsible for the sites Financial Business Partnering, whilst working closely with operations teams.Accountabilities:
Review of Factory Performance & Overhead costs
- Presenting the full financials on a weekly / monthly basis
- Attending daily factory performance reviews
- Providing analysis of key drivers in factory performance results for both past, present & future
- Initiating monthly overhead cost centre reviews with cost centre managers
- Working alongside Development & Commercial teams in continuous improvement discussions
- Ensuring accurate costing of products to enable clear informed commercial decision making
- Ensuring the Management accounts team maintain and update the Business ERP system in a timely and accurate manner
Team & Direct Management
- Managing the management accounting team
- Mentoring, developing & guiding the Management Accounts team to drive consistent reporting
- Working alongside the Financial Reporting & Control (R&C) team to ensure we present and review information provided with the appropriate managers
- Providing full cover for the Financial Controller (operations) where needed
Capital Planning and Review
- Supporting planning and reviews of Capital & Non-Capital plans and projects
- Tracking live projects, specifically any payback & profit improvement projects and ensuring delivery of savings
- Creating performance forecasts for the quarterly planning periods as well as weekly short-term rolling forecasts, engaging key stakeholders in the process
- Contributing to the creation of yearly updates for performance standards - ensuring commercially accurate costings
- Creating forecasts for business overhead and labour expenses
Other Ad hoc Tasks
- Driving the agenda of ensuring we use Redzone Labour reporting
- Contributing to decision making in Kaizen events on improving elements such as factory waste, changeover times / frequency etc
- Supporting checking costings for existing & new product development (EPD/NPD) products
- Setting up & maintaining Opportunity & Risk trackers for all associated costs at the sites
If you are interested in working in the dynamic FMCG environment, are CIMA/ACCA qualified and possess the ability to manage large volumes of data into usable formats, with accounting computer packages knowledge and excellent people management and communication skills - this could be the perfect role for you.
You will need to be energetic, punctual, proactive, and dependable with the ability to lead, guide, and motivate others towards achievement.About us
We're the biggest name you've never heard of. You've probably eaten our food- you just didn't realise it. Because as global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry with over 19,000 employees, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's and Waitrose in the UK. Our customers include Harris Teeter and Home Chef in the US, and in China, we make food for Starbucks, Yum! and Pret. We're ambitious. We're full of ideas. And we're ready for more people who share our passion for quality to join us. What you can expect from us
When joining us you can expect a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, private medical insurance, and other flexible benefits - alongside excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group.Proud to be Bakkavor
We’re proud to deliver outstanding quality, service, and value to our customers. We’re proud to be the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK. And we’re proud of the hard work, quality focus and loyalty of our people. Join our team and we’ll make you proud too.