Operations division is a dynamic, multi-faceted organization that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to improve the firm's compliance rates across various obligations.
- Regulatory Operations is a global team that ensures that the firm is compliant with a wide range of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations. We partner with groups across the firm and industry to accurately represent firm and client order, execution and position information to regulators across a wide range of traded financial products and businesses. Our team prides itself on best-in class operational design and delivery of high-quality controls to manage regulatory risk. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation and risk management.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to the execution of non-financial regulatory reporting obligations and develop subject matter expertise (e.g., EMIR, SFTR, and a variety of other EMEA obligations),
- Perform analysis to detect anomalies in the reporting data, investigate reporting issues demonstrating aptitude to work with range of data sets from big data to samples
- Advise on regulatory risk and requirements to facilitate commercial activity,
- Analyze internal client and external regulatory inquiries,
- Identify solutions to correct system issues, document requirements to high quality, perform tests to identify an accurate resolution
- Perform verification, validations and testing of the data provided by Engineering prior to submission,
- Actively participate in the development of the strategic control framework for Regulatory Operations
- Work collaboratively across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups in strategic initiatives across the global Regulatory Operations department
- Develop strong working relationships both internally including the Front Office and Middle Office Technology, Legal, Compliance and externally to support various reporting functions
- Participate in and influence discussions in external forums to improve and develop consistent reporting standards in the industry
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows paired with meticulous attention to detail,
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas and provide timely escalation,
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations,
- Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment required,
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines,
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Active interest in understanding and learning about the global financial markets
- Experience in an Operations Control Environment,
- Working knowledge about financial markets, regulatory landscape and associated processes, including the lifecycle of a trade
- Experience with regulatory reporting, in particular EMIR or similar global derivatives reporting obligations.
- Experience delivering large-scale regulatory reporting implementation projects
- Working knowledge of financial products, in particular exchange traded derivatives and OTC derivatives
- Experience participating in discussions and influencing outcomes in industry groups
- Working knowledge of project management and business analysis,
- Working experience with operating on large data sets and BI tools.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity