Olefins Consultant, EMEA- Petrochemicals Location:
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women's network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
This role is to be a subject matter expert (SME) for olefins, help develop and train the internal analyst team and be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to promote the use of Argus price assessments in commercial contracts, transfer pricing, financial reporting.
- Responsible as the SME for Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) ethylene analytics and olefins outlook products
- Forge strong business relationships with petrochemical industry executives.
- Help develop the expertise of the in-house analyst team to share knowledge, continuously improve products and develop new opportunities.
- Develop and execute regional strategies to increase usage of Argus petrochemicals assessments and grow regional subscription business across verticals.
- Represent Argus at industry conferences and business gatherings. Communicate confidently with industry stakeholders, including the C-Suite and government level.
- Stay abreast of industry and market trends in the petrochemicals sector.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time, including internationally.
- Coordinate regional petrochemicals strategy with SVP Petrochemicals and business development managers/subject matter experts in other geographies.
- Regularly communicate with SVP Petrochemicals on opportunities and challenges faced in the region.
- Innovate, design and develop content, including assessments and new reports/services.
- Work closely with editorial to ensure the continued development and application of appropriate price methodologies and analytics products.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience related to supply, trading, pricing and/or analysis in petrochemicals markets, including deep understanding industry economics and logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain long-term client relationships, as well as build credibility and engagement with industry stakeholders and government.
- University degree required.
What's in it for you:
Our rapidly growing, award-winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
For more details about the company and to apply please make sure you upload your CV via our website: www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions
By submitting your job application, you automatically acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data to the Company. Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.