Renishaw plc is looking for an Assistant UK Finance Manager to join our established and evolving UK finance team. As an Assistant UK Finance Manager, you will support the UK Finance Manager in managing the financial operations and reporting of our UK companies. You will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts and assist in ensuring compliance with UK tax and accounting regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
UK finance has an important role in our market-leading FTSE 250 business, and this is a great opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience.Responsibilities
- General ledger team management;
- Fixed asset accounting, including collaborating with other departments to ensure proper asset tagging, monthly review of WIP assets, physical verification of fixed assets and maintaining procedures for acquisition, disposal and depreciation of assets; as well as right-of-use assets and ensuring IFRS16 compliance;
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including control account reconciliations, accruals and prepayments summary schedules and other monthly reports;
- Perform monthly reconciliations of intercompany transactions and issue balance confirmations;
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Liaise with Tax Team;
- Ensure compliance with UK tax and accounting regulations;
- Maintain internal controls and financial policies and procedures;
- Contribute to process improvement and automation initiatives;
- Newly qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, or equivalent);
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting software;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable; including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus, *subsidised onsite restaurants and *coffee shops, free parking, *car sharing scheme and *24 hour fitness centres. (*not available at our Castle Donington, Exeter, York & Edinburgh sites).
We also want to promote a healthy work-life balance as much as possible, so we have introduced a Homeworking policy which allows for a combination of home and office based working depending on the nature of your role. We also offer a variable working programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life Assurance policy of 12 times annual salary, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced maternity pay subject to qualifying criteria, the option to join BUPA Renishaw health trust and an Employee Assistance Programme for employees and family.