This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading independent Chartered Accountancy Practice based in Tonbridge, Kent. The successful candidate will find themselves working in a friendly and supportive environment with full study support and excellent progression opportunities. This position will be split across both accounts (50%) & audit (50%), but this can be flexible based on the candidates experience and aspirations.
Our client operates from their offices in Tonbridge but also allow their staff to work remotely 2-3 days a week. Their clients are predominantly UK based owner managed businesses but they operate in a national market place and are able to draw on the expertise and knowledge of their experienced team members. They have a fantastic working environment and promote an excellent work life balance and a dress down culture.As an Audit and Accounts Semi Senior, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing statutory accounts, VAT and tax returns
- Working across Audit engagements successfully
- Allocating and reviewing the work of juniors
- Preparing financial documents audit reports, accounts, tax returns
- Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers
- Involvement across the audit engagement from beginning to end
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have /be:
- At least 2+ years practice experience dealing with accounts preparation and assisting with audits.
- AAT qualified or studying ACCA/ ACA.
- Well organised and able to work autonomously.
- Experience of dealing with clients face to face.
- A team player and happy to offer help to others.
- £28,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- A competitive benefits package is also on offer.
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working
- Dress for your day
- Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch on LinkedIn or via email for a confidential conversation regarding your career.
We’re keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We’re looking to work with the best accountancy practice and tax staff in the South East so if your friends, family or colleagues are considering a new opportunity and can demonstrate relevant experience, wed love to speak to them.
For every candidate you refer and we subsequently place into a permanent position, we will give you £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. (Terms & Conditions apply)