Financial Controller - Full Time 35 hours per week
Hybrid working - minimum of 2 days per week based in Edinburgh office
Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Edinburgh, City Centre
Benefits: Pension contribution, private healthcare & discretionary annual bonus, after a qualifying period
The Keil Centre Limited is a private consultancy company established in 1983, based in Edinburgh’s West End but with a branch office in Australia. We are seeking a Financial Controller who can play an important role in the business as we continue to grow. We provide Applied Psychology and Ergonomic services to organisations and individuals and employ 21 people - 10 professional fee-earning consultancy staff and 11 support team members.
The Financial Controller will be the member of staff primarily responsible for coordinating the financial aspects of the business (UK and Australia), working closely with the Board, the Business Administration Manager, and the support team.
The role requires a team player capable of a high level of independent working and personal organisation, ideally with a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role or roles.
Main duties include the following:
• Manage the company’s financial monthly and annual accounting, invoicing, and reporting for both UK (head office) and Australia-based businesses;
• Manage the company’s day-to-day financial operations, such as general banking & petty cash;
• Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and legislation, including related to auditing & VAT.
• Prepare and present financial reports to the Board and wider business from SAGE and other software as agreed, including P&L and bank reconciliation;
• Manage the company’s credit control, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
• Payroll processing, and discharge of appropriate RTI obligations
• Provide financial analysis and support to the Board, including investment appraisals, pricing decisions, and cost analysis.
• Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures and work closely with the support team to ensure that all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
• Assist in the general running of the office as a member of the support staff team - e.g. answering telephone, general administrative duties, etc.
Knowledge and experience required:
• Degree or professional qualification in accounting beneficial; will consider candidates who are qualified by experience
• Detailed knowledge and experience of SAGE Line 50 accounting system and accruals accounting
• IT literate - Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.
• Experienced in invoice processing and credit control
• Thorough understanding of PAYE and computerised payroll processing
• Thorough understanding of VAT
Personal attributes required:
• Ability to work on own initiative, plan and manage own workload to meet deadlines
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Professional manner - ability to communicate clearly and positively with clients, professional bodies, and others internally as well as externally
• Flexibility - ability to respond to ad hoc requests for information or help and willingness to adapt to meet the demands of the job
• Continuous improvement - desire and determination to continually keep up to date with accounting and regulatory developments and to find ways of improving systems and processes
• Teamwork - willingness to co-operate with others, share knowledge and ideas and help out when required
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Closing date: 25th February 2024