The role is part of our fast-paced finance team and is a split role working between both payroll and finance.Payroll and Finance Assistant Full time / Permanent Based: Glasgow Monday to Friday Multiple employee benefits
Salary £25,000 pa
McQueens Dairies is an established and expanding family dairy in the UK, with a proven track record of continued growth. Trading since 1995, our aim is to update the traditional doorstep delivery, bringing value and great service to our customers.
The role is part of our fast-paced finance team and is a split role working between both payroll and finance. Our customer base has continued to grow through the UK, where we have invested in our own production and bottling plant with a belief, we can ensure our products will always be fresh and nutritious. We are currently recruiting for an experienced finance assistant within our team in Glasgow.
Role and Benefits overview
The role Finance Duties
- 40 Hours - Monday to Friday (0830am to 0500pm)
- Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
- 28 Days Holiday
- Salary £25,000 pa
- Employee assistance programme - 24/7 employee support
- Discounts off our products / Delivered to your door by 7am
- Employee discount platform for Technology / Retail/ Travel
- Free Parking onsite
- Discounts for Cinema tickets - Inc Season Tickets
- Collating, processing, and following approval procedure for purchase invoices
- Monitor Accounts Payable email inbox/ calls - answering supplier queries; PO queries; and any adhoc queries that present themselves.
- Prepare various management reports to help with analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, initiating ideas to develop AP processes and controls.
- General administrative duties, e.g. photocopying, scanning and filing, responding to letters and emails.
- Assist in processing high volume weekly payroll.
- Collating and checking weekly bonus reports and importing for processing
- Calculating average holiday pay calculations
- Ensuring review and delivery of payroll requirements within the agreed timescales
- Liaise directly with employees when dealing with payroll related queries
- Assisting with the implementation of the new Time and Attendance clocking system, and continued improvement in the payroll processes.
- Good working knowledge of purchase ledger processes
- Previous experience working within a fast-paced weekly payroll department either in-house or within a practice would be beneficial.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and forward plan
- A confident communicator with a pleasant telephone manner and able to communicate at all levels
- Computer literate and have good payroll systems experience and Microsoft Office packages