To provide professional, commercial and specialist employee relations advice and coaching to our people managers and stakeholders across the broader People team and business to deliver business objectives and operational outcomes. The SME advise ensures our people experiences are aligned to our business strategy, policies, precedents, compliance and legislative requirements. As a result, knowledge of Three’s broader People Policies and processes is also required. The ER Specialist manages a variety of complex and high risk cases including disciplinary, grievance, whistleblowing, sickness absence and capability, performance, appeals, early conciliation and Employment Tribunal claims. The role is responsible for the delivery of consultation for business change projects including restructures/redundancy (individual and collective), TUPE (in and out) and changing terms and conditions. This varied role also manages the delivery of ER related projects, policy updates and initiatives for continuous improvement. Delivery of individual and collective consultation for business change projects across organisation including redundancy, TUPE and changes of terms and conditions Manage highly complex and high-risk cases including; disciplinary, grievance, sickness, capability, appeals, whistleblowing, early conciliation, settlement agreements/COT3 and Employment Tribunals. Risk assess ER related issues and projects, providing clear and viable options for business consideration. Effective support, buddying, and development of the Advisors. Using ER data (including data manipulation on Excel), identify trends/ insights to meet stakeholder needs, story-telling and identify opportunities for proactive intervention. Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then collaborates with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement. Manage relationships with key internal customers and act as their business partner, while typically using support teams to ensure client satisfaction. Develops training courses to meet identified needs to improve performance and meet business requirements. Essential Criteria:Comprehensive rob related experience in own area of expertise to highly competent level Qualifications:
High School/ FE College (2 A Levels or equivalent)
CIPD Qualified or part qualified.Key Skills: Comprehensive experience in Employee Relations including the management of complex/high risk cases and leading consultation requirements for business change projects
Uses this comprehensive technical knowledge and skills to act independently as SME on the following:
- Guiding, coaching and training managers in relation to Employee Relations, negotiation, and the compliance and application of policy & legal frameworks
- Identifies, assesses and manages risk using excellent communication skills and technical guidance to provide options to determine a balanced, commercial and fair outcome.
- Appling understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop commercial solutions while also providing technical assistance when necessary (usually in the most complex or sensitive scenarios).
- Communicating and influencing in a clear, concise and compelling manner to any role holder in the organisation and any external contacts.
- Interpreting & identifying data trends, and horizon scanning. Our people make us who we are. We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it’s important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
At Three we have a hybrid working arrangement in place as standard for office based employees, where employees work from a mix of office based location and working from their home in the UK to carry on their role.
Excluding retail, core hours at Three are between 10:00 and 16:00, with operating hours between 08:00 & 18:30. This allows employees to have a start time between 08:00 and 10:00 and finish time between 16:00 and 18:30.