Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
As a firm our focus on delivering quality audit work for the benefit of the public interest is our key priority. Our Audit teams are essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO. We’ll broaden your horizons
The international audit team is an industry agnostic team that specialises in providing fully coordinated secondary audit services to multinationals. Working closely with BDO Member Firms from around the world, the international audit team leverages the controls present at finance service centre locations to design high quality and highly efficient global audit strategies. The international audit team provide a fully project managed and centralised global audit offering to audited entities. Many engagements have an element of travel required, with team members often travelling overseas a number of times a year on audit engagements. We’ll help you succeed
The work we do is underpinned by quality. We deliver audits which are trusted and transparent which can be relied upon by companies and their stakeholders.
You’ll be someone who is comfortable working pro-actively and, managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with Senior Managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners. You’ll help deliver accurate and transparent reporting to all relevant stakeholders as you provide long term value. You’ll be someone with:
- ACCA/ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major audited entities, including audited entities with international interests. Previous audit management experience in practice. Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams with conflicting milestones and deliverables.
- Experience of systems review and controls testing, as well as substantive auditing, of complex financial statement areas and the review of statutory accounts and disclosures. Experience in conducting Group audits under ISA 600.
- Project Management experience of large, complex engagements, or a large portfolio of smaller engagements, ideally with some cross border element.
- Excellent working knowledge of ISAs, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements, including the Companies Act 2006. Strong technical experience across a range of complex areas.
- Managing and developing staff in the role of People Manager and a Project Manager
- Experience challenging Management, including experience in managing difficult conversations.
- Able to evidence robust commercial and financial management of a portfolio of audited entities, as well as ability to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Sector experience appropriate to BDO audited entities
- Experience designing audit strategies that rely on controls and the IT environment of the audited entity
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to our business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.