Mission: Credit Controller About the role
In this role, you will join the Collections team who play a vital part in guaranteeing our success as a company. If you are ambitious you will find this an excellent team to join, gain valuable company insight and start a successful career with us. Day to day you be focussing on our customers' journey, managing customer queries, using skills and tools provided to help manage vulnerable customers through to successful outcomes.
You will be required to combine these skills to maintain our accounts receivable ledger and have sole responsibility for the timely payment of overdue invoices from our customers. Joining best practice procedures and your natural customer service skills, you will build and develop relationships with customers, internal stakeholders and suppliers whilst undertaking collections tasks. In addition, it's important that you're organised, empathetic and methodical to avoid risk of harm to the customer, and that invoices are paid on time to minimise the risk to the business. You'll need to be able to listen to our customers to truly understand and help them, therefore our primary method of contact is by outbound and inbound calls.
Along with the rest of the team, you will contribute to the service delivery levels by providing guidance and seeking out opportunities to improve our efficiency, along with the service we provide to all customers.
Finally, the best way to understand and help our customers will be by speaking, and, particularly, listening to them, therefore our primary method of contact is by outbound and inbound calls. What's in it for you? The Collections Coordinator (internal)/ Credit Controller (External)
role will receive a benefits package at Pay Zone A3 with a salary up to £24,000, and an annual bonus of up to £1,100. You will also enjoy the outstanding benefits including;
- Private Healthcare (AXA PPP)
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension scheme
- A range of personal flexible benefits
- 25 days holiday, your birthday off plus bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Free Gym onsite
- Access to great discounts on our products and services
- To celebrate your 1st year you can enjoy a ½ holiday or a £75 Love2Shop voucher
- Paid eye tests and £50 towards your lenses
- Volunteering days
- Charity Fundraising
We are looking for an energetic and confident individual. Previous collections/credit control experience within an FCA regulated environment is preferred, but not essential as we provide dedicated training, specifically for this role. In essence, we will teach you all you need to know.
Previous customer service experience is essential and you will need to possess excellent communication skills too. The ability to handle ever-changing workloads and priorities is key to your success. So the more organised you are the better. You will also need to be comfortable making and taking calls with customers about overdue invoices; customers are usually expecting your call. We will train you on this too!
Lastly, you will need to be a team player - happy to share ideas and enjoy following processes. Excellent excel skills would be a cherry on top but not essential. Key Skills required:
Technical (preferred but not essential as training and onward support will be provided):
- Technical understanding/knowledge of the UK regulatory environment affecting the Collections process.
- Previous Collections/Credit Control experience within a Retail environment, which includes Regulated and Unregulated customers
- Understanding of Forbearance tools such as payment arrangements and how to appropriately apply for vulnerable customers
- Managing vulnerable customers and providing good customer outcomes
- Computer literacy skills, including and not limited to Microsoft Office packages, especially Outlook and Excel
- Resolving queries and handling customer complaints using system workflows to manage and monitor
- Follow outbound call strategies, and clearly recording key detail, following data protection guidance and security checks
- Experience of working with sales ledgers plus reconciliation skills
- Able to build and manage relationships in/outside of the organisation
- Ability to make decisions and provide clear advice/instruction to customers, teams and peers
- Excellent communication skills - Verbal and written
- Able to operate with autonomy, having a strong drive for continuous improvement - Always seeking to value add to the business and customers
- Ability to problem solve, especially when it comes providing good customer outcomes
- Being organised, especially performing tasks in a timely manner for our customers - a do as we say approach