Would you like to contribute to the financial success of De Vere Latimer Estate - a historical hotel and events venue in Chesham, Buckinghamshire?
We are recruiting for a Finance Manager to join the team at the Hotel. As the Finance Manager you will
work closely with the Dual Site Finance Director to drive the Finance Strategy to ensure the maximisation of revenue and minimising costs. You'll produce accurate reports including forecasting revenue, costs and profitability, P&L accounts and budget packs. You'll also being responsible for monitoring the correct billing of revenues and cash control. Ensuring efficient control systems are in place for forecasting and controlling expenditure including payroll and gross margins are a key part of the role.
You will work on site Monday to Friday with the support of the Assistant Financial Controller and a Finance Assistant Your skills and experience:
• You will ideally have knowledge and experience of hospitality, either in an operational role or a more junior finance position
• You have a relevant financial qualification or are currently working towards this. We are very happy to support finance apprenticeships and further formal training.
• Knowledge and understanding of payroll/productivity for the events industry, and of wet and dry stocks.
• Proficiency in using financial management software and Microsoft Office with intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong analytical skills, a keen eye for detail, and a proactive approach to problem solving
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and develop junior members of the team The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our permanent colleagues. That's why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Finance Manager:
De Vere Latimer Estate De Vere Latimer Estate
- £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Bonus Incentive Scheme with the opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary based on business performance
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Stay in shape with complimentary use of the Leisure Club facilities saving you money on costly gym memberships
- We believe in celebrating your special moments too, which is why we offer an extra paid day off for your birthday, along with a £20 love to shop voucher.
- As a token of our gratitude for your loyalty, we'll treat you to an annual complimentary 2-night stay with dinner in a De Vere property of your choice, plus additional monetary rewards for reaching long service milestones
- Discover exclusive perks with our £50 colleague rates for overnight stays at De Vere properties, accompanied by a fantastic 50% discount on Food & Beverage.
- 31 days holiday each year (increasing annually up to 33 days)
- Venue closure over the Christmas period allowing you time off to enjoy the festive season
- Explore our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, unlocking hundreds of discounts on retail, travel, and leisure activities.
- We are committed to your growth and offer excellent career progression opportunities, including access to our Apprenticeship programmes and study support.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, providing 24/7 health and wellbeing support, including free counselling.
- Experience the flexibility and convenience of Wagestream, our financial wellbeing platform, granting you instant access to your pay when you need it.
- We value your hard work and recognise your achievements through our monthly colleague recognition programme, You Are De Vere, culminating in an exciting annual colleague recognition event.
- Join a supportive team that knows how to have fun with regular team appreciation events, including memorable Christmas and Summer parties.
- Gain peace of mind with our Company Life Assurance scheme, ensuring financial security for your loved ones.
has 205 bedrooms, 27 meeting and event spaces plus 30 acres of land for team building, 3 restaurants, 5 bars plus a Gym and swimming pool. Our teams at Latimer Estate know how to have fun at work whilst working hard to put our guests at the heart of everything they do. So we regularly say thank you to our colleagues: ice creams in hot weather, afternoon tea treats and Easter family parties are just some of the ways we show our appreciation. Your commute
: we're just 5 minutes from J18 of the M25, but we also offer subsidised transport to the surrounding area, including Chalfont and Latimer station, making us accessible from Hemel Hempstead, Watford and High Wycombe. At De Vere,
we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.