As one of the world's largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions -- we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.About the role
Due to a rapid expansion of client work in the Risk Assurance team and in particular with our most prestigious client, we are looking to recruit a further internal auditor into our Internal Audit team. The intention is that the appointee will be dedicated to our prestigious client for an initial period of twelve months, gaining significant experience of managing internal audit reviews of many financial services lending institutions, such as high street banks and other lenders. After the initial twelve months the appointee would move into the wider Internal Audit Risk Assurance team, and as part of the wider team, be involved in the delivery of internal audit services to a wide range of clients, across the not for profit and corporate sectors.
The ideal candidate will have good people skills and be comfortable working either alone or as part of a team on audit reviews and dealing with clients. With a relevant internal audit or accountancy qualification, or perhaps working towards one, the ideal candidate will be an experienced internal auditor, who can really hit the ground running. Alternatively, we can offer training support for internal audit or accountancy qualifications subject to having our required academic qualifications.About the department
The Internal Audit team sits within the Risk Assurance service line and delivers outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services to over 500 corporate and not for profit sector clients including many household names and large government departments. Around 220 people strong, the team also works with one of RSM’s largest clients and it is working with this client where the appointee will initially spend most of their time.About the job
You will be responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits either remotely or at client's sites, in accordance with our Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual, or as part of a team you will be delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.Responsibilities
About the ideal candidate
- Perform and control assignments leading on assignment planning, conduct and control of fieldwork and reporting findings in accordance with our standards per the Internal Audit Manual.
- Lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance.
- Provide job training, guidance and feedback for more junior auditors.
- Prepare draft reports and audit files to high quality standards that require only minor amendment for manager review.
- Hold opening meetings and debrief meetings with clients for reviews undertaken as the lead.
- Perform the review of more complex systems with supervision from client manager.
- Undertake follow-up review work in respect of previously raised findings.
- Assist the Client/Senior Manager in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- Participate in the firm’s appraisal and development process.
- Any other duties as required by the Client Manager.
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in an equivalent position in a professional services firm or similar function within Internal Audit. You will be technically proficient in executing and leading reviews in accordance with IIA standards.
The ideal candidate will also have a good knowledge of individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work and be able to support other team members as required to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and internal audit standards.
A true team player, you will take pro-active responsibility for your own development, which RSM will support you in, as well as being able to train, coach and develop team members as required.Essential Requirements
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, CMIAA or on the way to completing such. Alternatively, we can offer training support for ACA, CIA, CMIAA subject to meeting our required academic criteria.
- High standard of written and verbal communication
- Team Player
- Access to a car and full driving licence (travel to client sites may be expected post the coronavirus pandemic)
- Some overnight stays away from home may be necessary to enable delivery of client work.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client's needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That's why we're working together to ensure our firm's principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.