Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
At Runway East, we're a team of tech lovers, entrepreneurs, ex-startup founders and customer service advocates, who go above and beyond to keep our companies thriving. It’s been eight years, and we’ve grown to eight locations, over 3,000 members and watched our companies raise over £1bn. We’re here to make good work, with good people. And we’re here to have fun. Incomparable company, superstar service, dogs on demand, Cake Wednesdays and our infamous Friday beer trolley - these are all things we build into creating happiness every day. But what really sets us apart from the coworking crowd is us.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product customers genuinely love. Covid presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re taking full advantage of that.Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
As we continue to scale, we’re looking for an analytical, numerical and all-round exceptional individual to join our Finance Team.
You’ll take on responsibility for various elements of the Finance function, freeing up our Financial Controller to work on our expansion and supporting our Finance Coordinator and Accounts Apprentice in keeping things running smoothly.
We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset, killer attention to detail, who’s independent and who takes ownership of their work. You’ll be someone who truly has a desire to help grow and develop a business.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who loves the fact that Runway East is a results-driven company that empowers its team to be entrepreneurial.What You’ll Be DoingReporting
- You’ll take full ownership of the preparation of the monthly management accounts, as well as preparing partner reports, board reports and interdepartmental expenditure reports. Budgeting
- You will ensure the weekly and monthly cash flows are regularly updated and provide an accurate representation of the expected future cash flow. You’ll also help create and analyse departmental and site budgets and obtain reasons for variances and instil good budgetary practice across the business. Transactional reviews
- You’ll be ultimately responsible for the accuracy of each Company’s books. You’ll be working closely with the Finance Coordinator to ensure that all ledgers are tidy: debts are being regularly chased, key suppliers are paid on time, banks are reconciled and all purchase invoices are accurate and minimise the risks from fraud or error. Efficiencies
- As a continually growing business, with each new site we create a new SPV, you will be expected to identify existing inefficiencies and potential future inefficiencies, and propose solutions so the team can continue to produce accurate information on a timely basis for the foreseeable future. Joining the Team
- Working as part of a team of four you won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You’ll also manage our Finance Coordinator and Accounts Apprentice on a day to day basis - acting as their go-to for support, guidance and training. Requirements
BenefitsWhat About the Money?
- Demonstrable accounting/bookkeeping experience, ideally within a multi-site/location/department SME environment or multi project
- Superbly organised: able to plan and organise your work so that it is efficient and effectiveImpeccable attention to detail: demonstrating accuracy in your work
- Able to adapt as situations and circumstances change
- Have been involved in the whole management accounts process: pre-month end close, month end close, month end reporting and year end reporting
- Solid communication skills: able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external
£60,000 - £65,000 p.a.Anything else?
- Time Off 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Well-being Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE Outings - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
You can find out more about our values and perks here. Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.