Vice President, Audit Project Leader
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
At BNY Mellon, we are on a mission to revolutionise auditing through cutting-edge technology and forward-thinking approaches. Our team is passionate about driving innovation in the world of Internal Audit, and we are looking for talented auditors who share our vision.
Join Us in Shaping the Future of Auditing!
If you're excited about pushing the boundaries of auditing, if you're ready to make a real impact, and if you're passionate about innovation, we want to hear from you. Send us your resume and a brief personal statement explaining why you're the perfect fit for BNY Mellon. Let's redefine the future of Internal Audit together.Why You Should Join Us:
- Innovation is Our Core: At BNY Mellon, we are pioneers in the auditing field. We leverage advanced data analytics, AI, and automation to redefine how auditing is done. Be at the forefront of change!
- Make an Impact: Your analytical skills will directly influence our growth and success. You won't be a cog in the machine; you'll be a driving force behind our mission.
- Learn and Grow: We're committed to your professional development. Expect ongoing learning opportunities, mentorship, and a dynamic work environment that encourages you to push your limits.
- Collaborative Culture: Teamwork is at our core. Join a diverse group of individuals who collaborate, support, and inspire each other.
What We're Looking For:
- A passion for innovation and a thirst for knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills with a knack for diving deep into data.
What You Will Contribute:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify risks and opportunities.
- Help shape our auditing processes and contribute to our innovative approach.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Vice President, Audit Project Leader to join our Internal Audit team. This role is located in London (Hybrid).
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Lead or participate in delivering complex and challenging audits
- Lead or participate in the end-to-end planning, fieldwork and reporting of audit assignments - this will require consideration of complex, judgemental business processes and decisions
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified
- Prepare draft audit reports
- Follow-up of audit actions and where necessary testing their implementation
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for Internal Audit
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Prior experience working within a role reviewing, assessing or analysing risk and controls (e.g. Internal Audit, Second Line Risk, Compliance Monitoring or First Line Controls Function)
- In depth knowledge of audit methodologies
- Strong communication and influencing skills; confident in communicating with stakeholders both internal and external in both written and verbal, with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organisation, and project management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and other Microsoft software - PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Relevant years of total work experience preferred
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
- Forbes Blockchain 50
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.