Ready to find the right role for you?
Competitive salary plus Veolia Benefits Type:
6 months fixed term contract
Cannock, Staffordshire Hours:
40 hours per week Monday - Friday
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who's just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture. What we can offer you:
What will you be doing?
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24 hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What are we looking for?
- You will be responsible for the collection of overdue payments in line with Veolia's Service Level Agreements via telephone and post within the target times set, taking into account Debtor Days, Aged Debt and Bad debts. Ensuring all customer contact records are accurate and kept up to date.
- You will respond to customer queries which arise from a number of channels. Logging these queries and forwarding to the relevant business unit for investigation and resolution. Follow up on resolved queries ensuring payment is received for previously disputed items.
- You will handle a wide range of communications with customers both internally and externally, maintaining good trading relationships. Notifying customers of changes to their accounts such as changes in credit limit or account suspension.
- In addition, you will need to be aware of credit risk on credit accounts and conduct credit limit reviews when applicable. At times it will be necessary to initiate legal processes when all other collection means have failed.
- At all times, you will need to ensure you comply with compliance rules and regulations regarding customer data and customer bank information.
- Previous experience of working within a busy Credit Control team with specific experience in Services and the collection of monies, is essential to be successful in this role.
- You will have experience of dealing with a wide range of customers which includes; private sector corporations, 3rd party suppliers and public sector clients such as local authorities.
- A confident communicator you will be able to convey clear and concise messages across both written and verbal channels.
- Competent computer skills are required, with experience of Microsoft Office Suite and Google ideally. Experience of Workday would also be advantageous, but not essential.
- In terms of background, you will have experience within a large corporate environment or have come from a busy credit control team used to dealing with high volumes.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.