More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
http://https://careers.grantthornton.co.uk/about-us/advisory/transaction-advisory/NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a broad range of advisory services to clients, primarily in a deals environment, including financial due diligence (FDD), tax due diligence, Strategy & Commercial Advisory (SCA).
As a member of the FDD team you will be providing financial due diligence on both buy-side and sell-side transactions for private equity and corporate clients. You may also have the opportunity to work on public company transactions, primarily on AIM Market operated by the London Stock Exchange plc.
The TAS team within Grant Thornton is an increasingly flexible and diverse team, which truly values it's people. To enable our people to be the best they can be, we are happy to discuss a number of flexible working options, such as reduced or compressed hours or annualised hours. We appreciate the different perspectives a diverse team brings, and we want to continue to provide more agility and choice to our people. As with all of our roles, a hybrid working model will apply, enabling a mix of office/client time and remote working.
A look into the role
A Manager plays a key role in the management of all aspects of FDD engagements, including managing clients, target businesses, the internal team and the client deliverable. Specifically, you will:
- Lead and oversee the preparation of the client deliverable, ensuring a quality document is produced to facilitate the client's decision making
- Support with the management of all aspects of the transaction competently, advising junior team members on technical aspects of the transaction
- Interpret and analyse complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
- Support the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discuss the implications and action points
- Motivate and coach the team, taking a proactive interest in performance and wellbeing with regular feedback and timely performance
- Consult effectively with specialists within the team and wider firm when faced with complex risk management, instilling a risk management culture within the team
- Have the opportunity to support with business development
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as a TAS Manager, the minimum criteria you'll need is a professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CIPFA) with post qualification deals experience. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
Skills to set you apart
- Previous experience in Transaction Advisory
- Managerial experience
- Experience of client facing work
- Experience of applying commercial judgement
- Experience of developing team members
- Developing ability to build a network of contacts
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Find out more about working in our TAS team here.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.