In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
Goldman Sachs Internal Auditors demonstrate strong risk and control mindsets, analytical, exercise professional scepticism, and are able to challenge and discuss effectively with management on risks and control measures. We look for individuals who enjoy learning about audit, businesses and functions, have innovative and creative mindsets to adopt analytical techniques to enhance audit techniques, building relationships and are able to evolve and thrive in teamwork and in a fast-paced global environment. Expertise in financial crime controls, in particular those related to transaction banking and consumer AML compliance.
Goldman Sachs Internal Audit comprises individuals from diverse backgrounds including chartered accountants, developers, risk management professionals, cybersecurity professionals, and data scientists. We are organized into global teams comprising business and technology auditors to cover all the firm's businesses and functions, including securities, investment banking, consumer and investment management, risk management, finance, cyber-security and technology risk, and engineering.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the third line of defence, Internal Audit's mission is to independently assess the firm's internal control structure, including the firm's governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks, raise awareness of control risk and monitor the implementation of management's control measures.
In doing so, Internal Audit perform the following duties:
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk
- Raise awareness of control risk
- Assesses the firm's control culture and conduct risks
- Monitors management's implementation of control measures
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Plan and execute audit testing to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Good understanding of financial concepts and/or operations related to controllers and tax functions. Knowledge in any of the following areas are preferred:
- US GAAP/ IFRS
- Regulatory capital calculation and reporting
- Recovery and Resolution regulatory requirements
- Direct and indirect taxation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Approximately +4 years of prior experience in auditing controls. This could be in an IA team, eam-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Good technical knowledge of relevant product areas
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 4+ years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function
- Degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., ACA, ACCA) is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity