Accounts Payable Analyst
Location : London
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Analyst to join our Finance Operations team, which sits as part of the Finance Function, comprised of around 25 colleagues and split between two main teams:.
- The Core Finance team provides the ERP system and associated finance data infrastructure alongside financial accounting, finance operations and accounts payable services.
- The Finance Planning and Analysis team provides the capabilities for budgeting and forecasting, business partnering, investment appraisal and cost allocation.
The Finance Operations team at G-Research is looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst to take responsibility for a wide range of accounts payable and administrative focused tasks. Reporting into the Accounts Payable Lead, you will be working in a sub-team of three on all Accounts Payable duties.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the full Accounts Payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment, including:
- Managing the billing mailbox and corresponding with vendors on all Accounts Payable queries, ensuring invoices are accurate and compliant with company guidelines
- Coding invoices and liaising with approvers around the business
- Processing weekly payment runs and assessing inter-account cash transfers
- Developing interaction with the Procurement team with regards to order based invoices, receipting and vendor onboarding
- Ensuring all accounts payables policies and procedures are adhered to
- Investigating and resolving issues associated with processing of invoices, following defined incident notification and escalation procedures
- Resolving a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning vendor account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate stakeholders
- Working closely with the team to ensure AP SLAs are met
- Preparing reports and providing status updates on projects and performance against SLAs
- Assisting with process improvement projects with a focus of automating the Accounts Payable function, removing manual data processing tasks
- Documenting end-to-end processes
Who are we looking for?
Working in a close-knit team within a central department in the company, we expect you to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, fantastic communication skills, as well as a flexible and proactive mindset.
You will need to be accurate, detail focused, able to identify opportunities for improvement and solve problems independently. Collaboration is key, as is the ability to adapt to change.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A strong academic background, preferably with an Accounting degree
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to follow processes, whilst developing and maintaining an organised structure
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the organisation and with external contacts including suppliers
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly, as well as to challenge status quo and implement efficiencies
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Vigilant mind set, ability to identify and escalate risk, and suggest solutions for mitigating it
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables
- A high degree of integrity and ability to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
- Good Excel knowledge
- Experience with Medius and MS Dynamics 365 would be an advantage
- Interest in pursuing an accounting qualification and a career in Finance
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days' annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.