There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.POSITION PURPOSE
This position will be within the Fixed Income Quantitative Investments and Research (FI Quant) Group. The primary role of the analyst will be to develop and enhance investment models in support of the Fixed Income group. The analyst will develop models and research in collaboration with the investment team with the objective of enhancing the investment performance. The analyst will engage the sell-side and academic research to keep current on topical research and apply these methods to enhance the proprietary capabilities.Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Conduct quantitative research focusing on FX that is relevant and topical to supporting the fixed income investment team. Work with investment teams and other quantitative analysts to develop research agenda, execute on the research, and communicate the results.
- Collaborate with investment teams and the front-office development team to conceptualize and build proprietary investment tools.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics, or financial engineering.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial mathematics and portfolio concepts.
- Ability to program in analytic languages (R, Python, etc.) and work with databases.
- Detailed knowledge of fixed-income market and instruments.
- Ability to work with numbers and datasets with full understanding of statistics and numerical analysis.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and solve problems creatively.
- Knowledge of macroeconomics and its relation to the financial markets preferred
- Experience researching currencies and global bond markets preferred.
- CQF is desirable or advantageous.
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.