At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds - an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's EMEA Shared Service Centre is the home to the financial, tax and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our European Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The UK Centre embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing and managing advanced accounting and reporting activities for specific labels/affiliates.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage the accounting and analysis for a number of affiliates ensuring all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting is complete, accurate and timely
• Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting
• Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
• Perform direct reviews over staff tasks and journal preparation
• Review all balance sheet accounts to ensure the balance sheet is fully reconciled and all line items are fully supported with no risk to the company
• Perform accounting and financial analysis related to various revenues and expenses, including artist and copyright royalty expense, marketing, overheads etc., ensuring correct presentation in accordance with UK and US GAAP as necessary
• Collaborate with the FP&A teams to produce accurate cashflow submissions on a monthly basis to support the group in successfully managing working capital
• Work closely with the payroll team to support the monthly payroll process, ensuring accurate payments are made to staff, to pensions providers and local tax authorities and that these are correctly reflected in financial reporting
• Produce accurate headcount reporting that is fully reconciled to payroll data each month
• Ensure other external reporting requirements (e.g., payment practices reporting, ONS submissions) are completed accurately and on a timely basis
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements, working closely with internal audit
• Assist with preparing and reviewing internal and external audit documentation
• Work closely with external audit and local affiliates to ensure statutory accounts and tax returns are completed within reporting deadlines
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
• Maintain a culture of continuous improvement
• Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) qualified
• Experience working in a SOX controlled environment preferred
• Strong work-ethic and a self-starter who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects working well under pressure
• Detail oriented
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience in a Shared Services environment
• Music industry experience a plus
• Knowledge of SAP preferred
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX - the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways - and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) - the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the "Apply" link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.