Accounts Assistant with opportunity for development
£24k - £25k + Study Support
An excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant due to continued expansion of this highly successful organisation. As part of the finance team your day to day to do list will look something like this;
Provide day-to-day support to the finance coordinator with general ledger transactional tasks such as bank, credit card and petty cash processing and reconciliation.
Support with processing of purchase invoices, reconciliation of supplier statements and the processing of payment runs.
Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, predominantly suppliers and internal departments
Ensuring approvals are compliant with the delegation of authority and ensuring any deviations are flagged for further investigation.Key responsibilities
- Processing of bank transactions on a daily basis
- Supporting with purchase invoice processing from purchase order approval
- Supporting with purchase invoice queries
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Generation of month end BACS payment runs, and supporting on other payment runs where needed, currently twice weekly for subcontractors and monthly for general suppliers
- Ensuring documentation on owned processes is accurate and up to date at all times
- Providing support for Finance coordinator on an ad hoc basis
- Understanding of sales ledger processes to provide effective absence cover if required
AAT Foundation Level preferred
Training and development opportunities will be availableEssential experience and skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, that are effective, empathetic and adaptable to different situations
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, including when under pressure
- Experience of working within a purchase (or sales) ledger function
- Knowledge and experience of working with confidential data as defined by GDPR
- Ability to adjust priorities to fit the needs of the business
- Customer focused approach to tasks
- Ability to respond positively to a changing environment
- Desire to be part of a team and work collaboratively within Finance and the wider business
- Problem-solving mindset
- Good time management skills
- Ability to manage competing demands while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.