We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, and our presence in the US and China positions the Group well in these high-growth markets. We leverage our consumer insight and scale to provide innovative food that offers quality, choice, convenience, and freshness. Around 18,500 colleagues operate from 44 sites across our three markets supplying a portfolio of over 2,900 products across meals, pizza & bread, salads and desserts to leading grocery retailers in the UK and US, and international food brands in China.
Job description: Location:
Newark, with hybrid working - a minimum of 4 days per week based on site, 1 day per week home working
Contract Type: Permanent
Business Area: Bakkavor Desserts Salary:
We're the biggest name you've never heard of. You've probably eaten our food - you just didn't realise it. We make innovative fresh products, with around 18,500 colleagues working across the UK, US and China. Were the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers (including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's and Waitrose). Were ambitious. Were full of ideas. And were ready for more people who share our values and passion for quality to join us.Senior Management Accountant
Were proud to offer you a career with real scope for development. To reward your hard work and ambition as a talented Senior Management Accountant with plenty of support and opportunity. And empower you to drive your own success and create a career you can be proud of too.
In this busy and exciting role, you will provide support to the Financial Controller and directly manage a Business Partnering team based in Newark.Role Accountabilities:Review of Factory Performance & Overhead Cost
- Business Partnering with key members of the Operational and Op Excellence teams to provide robust financial analysis of key drivers of factory performance to enhance decision making and help drive the PIP agenda at Newark site
- Calculating and tracking post capital implementation performance to ensure that project deliverables are met
- Running overhead review meetings with cost centre managers to ensure cost compliance with the latest forecasted expenditure to highlight any potential cost savings that can be initiated through these discussions
- Working alongside the development and commercial teams to accurately cost NPD / EPD to enable robust commercial decisions to be made
- To form part of the post launch review process to accurately gauge the true performance against pre-launch expectations
- Working with the Financial Controller to calculate an annual update to the standard cost base to ensure that they generate variances as close to zero as possible across the year
- Working alongside the Finance Controller to build the performance variables for submission for the weekly / quarterly and annual forecasts
- Representing Finance in operational meetings, plus broader business control meetings such as the SDM (Site Development Meeting) and feasibility calls
IS and Business Processes
- Managing the business partnering function (currently 2 heads) - leading, motivating and inspiring direct reports to achieve personal development and continual improvement
- Reviewing the systems (ERP and Recipe Professor) to ensure these are operating, utilised efficiently and effectively and that the integrity of the information held within is maintained
- Exploring new uses for existing systems (for example Power BI) to present financial information with clarity and ease
- Liaising with group functions and external parties as required.?Reviewing reporting and control systems and suggesting modifications in order that they comply with group standards
Ideally, you will hold or be studying towards a recognised accounting Qualification (ACCA/CIMA) with a history of working within a fast-paced finance role and leading / managing teams.What you can expect from us
When joining us you can expect a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, private medical insurance, and other flexible benefits - alongside excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group.Proud to be Bakkavor
Were proud to deliver outstanding quality, service, and value to our customers. Were proud to be the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK. And were proud of the hard work, quality focus and loyalty of our people. Join our team and well make you proud too.