Accountant (accountancy practice)Are you ready for the next stage of your accountancy career?Would you like to work in a friendly, flexible and varied environment?Would you like to make a real difference to small businesses and their owners?
When you join us you become part of a firm that cares as much about supporting the team members as it does about supporting the clients.
We want to encourage and support you in growing your skills and abilities, and expanding what you're capable of.
To that end we encourage regular training in areas that you think you need to develop.
The hours you choose to work, and where you choose to work, are flexible (but client dependent, so at least some time would need to be in the office for meetings, training etc).
What counts is getting the work done and meeting the needs of the clients. Start late and work late if that's what suits you, or start early and have more time free later.
As far as clients go, we're picky about who we work with, and it's not unusual for our client relationships to go back a decade or more. We enjoy working with them, and they enjoy working with us.
This is a full-time position and the salary starts at £35,000 per annum, plus pension contributions. If full-time won't work for you at the moment, then we would consider a part-time position for the right candidate.
20 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and your birthday. The office is closed between Christmas and New Year. What do we need from you?
Your next step:
- A qualified or part-qualified accountant, with over 3 years post-training experience in an accountancy practice (this is essential)
- Able to prepare company accounts and tax returns, personal tax returns, and have experience of VAT and CIS
- Computer-literate, with Xero ability and experience a big plus (ideally you'll be a trained Xero advisor with experience of helping clients with Xero queries)
- Excellent communication skills and good time management
- Ability to talk to clients about basic tax and tax planning issues
We are a small and growing accountancy firm based in Rochester, Kent and with clients across Kent and beyond.
The first step towards joining us is to send a CV with covering letter,
explaining why you feel that we would be a good fit for you.