STH Finance is one of the largest finance functions in South Yorkshire and offers one of the most comprehensive lists of features and benefits to attract new candidates.
This list includes:
- Long term career opportunities.
- Training & development through professional qualifications and internally.
- A work/life balance that includes flexible working and 27 days holidays plus bank holidays (rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 after 10).
- A pay & benefits package that is second to none in the region winning the Employee Benefits Awards in 2021.
In addition to these benefits, the 180 staff in the finance team are all motivated by the highest sense of job fulfilment and pride working for the NHS. Everyone is part of something special, working for an employer that has created an inclusive, collaborative and supportive culture.
It is an excellent time to join STH and to be part of the exciting innovation within both the finance department and the wider Trust.
Accounts Receivable ManagerLocation:
Northern General Hospital
The new postholder will report directly to the Chief Income Officer and manage a team of 6 (Billing and Credit Control).As Accounts Receivable Manager you will be "hands-on" managing,motivating, and coaching a collaborative and supportive established team.
The purpose of the role is:
Supporting the Chief Income Officer in the management of the Accounts Receivable Function of the Trust, leading operational aspects of Accounts Receivable management & debt recovery and working closely with the Trusts Overseas Visitors Liaison Manager on areas of common interest and responsibility.
- Deputisingfor the Chief Income Officer during periods of absence on areas of relevant lead responsibility.
- Ensuring that Accounts Receivable policies and procedures are produced and applied for the effective, timely, and accurate billing and recovery of Trust income.
- Co-CoordinatingAccounts Receivable team activity to achieve monthly targets of debt cash collection levels, aged debt levels, query resolution, and accuracy targets.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are produced and applied to minimise the loss of income from bad or doubtful debts.
- Ensuring that finance system Accounts Receivable functionality via the Sales Ledger module is utilised to maximum effect, reducing reliance on manual tasks or interventions and producing effective and timely management reports for debt management.
- Previous credit control experience is essential
- Management experience would be an advantage
- You will be approachable with a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Good IT skills including Excel (manipulating data) is essential