Exciting new Financial Accountant position based in Moira.
You will be a constant role model for the Groups values, and ensure they become a way of working for the whole team giving every customer (internal and external) a 'World Class Customer Experience'.
Your role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent teamwork. You will ensure that all decisions are based on the achievement of the Group Strategic Pillars. You will be accountable for delivery in the following areas:
* Supporting the Forge finance team with accounting requirements for existing divisions/brands and continuing ownership of the financials, to include operational accounting and the full financial forecasts and results
* Taking on new reporting for profit/cost centres as required and maintaining ownership of the financials, to include operational accounting, and the full financial forecasts and results
* Liaising with and providing Finance support to staff at regional offices/sites
* Assisting with the month end finance report issued to the Board
* Supporting external audit requirements.
* Providing financial support to and reporting on the performance of certain divisions/areas/sites
* Producing the individual company year-end statutory accounts and assisting with production of the year end statutory consolidation and statutory consolidated accounts compliant with FRS101/IFRS
* Working with the existing team to integrate the accounting systems for any new business segments into the back office and accounting software
* Acquisition accounting support and follow up as required
* Assisting with completion of any returns and other compliance requirements
* Working with management to specify the accounting requirements of any new developments and managing the go live process and subsequent testing requirements
* Assist in improving processes across the company to increase efficiency
* Liaising with other departments and supporting ad-hoc requests
* Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
* Working with the existing team to support internal audit requirements
You must have credible knowledge of the issues facing the business on a day-to-day basis and in the longer term. You should be able to proactively develop and improve business processes whilst maintaining the Group's professional image.
You will need to be able to provide clear communications between all parts of the business and will be forward looking in anticipating future challenges and opportunities and respond to these with effective planning.