As a Senior Finance Analyst, you'll give us the visibility we need to drive Amazon forward. Finance teams are a constant adviser to the business. When our finances and program performance are optimized, we can keep delivering an excellent experience for our customers and find new ways to support them. This role gives you the opportunity to see how we make business decisions as you gather all the insights that we need to shape our future.
You will business partner senior management within Fulfillment Centers (FCs) to drive world class financial results. You will be the custodian of controlling all spend within FCs and delivering financial targets to plan. You will utilize insightful reporting to drive business results and you will look to influence key partners with your sound knowledge and financial acumen. You will have a strong eye for detail and experience of working with big data sets. You should be able to work unsupervised exhibit strong bias for action and a think big mentality.
Key job responsibilities
- Use a range of metrics and models to forecast, link operational objectives to financials, and determine opportunities for improvement
- Explore data to ensure reporting accuracy, and share financial analysis with business partners to support strategic business decisions
- Produce a financial and operational plan to support business priorities, and lead on associated projects
- Support with training new team members and contribute to onboarding plans
- Maintain and build tools for your team to support knowledge sharing and help to standardize processes across EU teams
A day in the life
As a Senior Finance Analyst, you'll play a core role in a number of projects at any one time. By tracking performance metrics, analyzing data and building financial models, you'll identify where we can drive better efficiency and productivity. You'll also show us how different scenarios impact our business from a financial perspective, which is vital for many of our stakeholders to make business decisions.
This role will allow you to work independently, whilst also working closely with our partners to provide the insights they need. You'll be predominantly based in one of our corporate offices but may also be based in another of our sites.
About the team
Customer Fulfillment, or CF, is where it all started for Amazon. CF has scaled up from a humble team of booksellers to a sophisticated global team which handles more than 1.5 million orders every day. The team is the foundation of our business and its efforts have helped us diversify across new regions and services. With the help of emerging technology, we're always looking for ways to offer a bigger, better product range - delivered quickly and affordably.
The CF team are the first people in the chain that helps customers get products at the speed we're known for. We're based in Fulfillment Centers, which are at the heart of Amazon's fast-paced Operations network. Our centers are sometimes referred to as the 'First Mile' because it's where most Amazon packages start their journey. We help to manage dynamic inventory and facilitate speedy deliveries round the clock.
Lots of different people work in our Fulfillment Centers, so there are plenty of opportunities for every skillset. Some of us work with physical products, while others analyze data to help everyone across the business make smart decisions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- A degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or another relevant field
- Relevant experience in a finance role including partnering with a variety of stakeholders across the business
- Relevant experience in managing or mentoring people
- Relevant experience working with Excel and large-scale data mining and reporting tools such as Python, SQL or Tableau
- Relevant experience in financial modelling
- Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we'd love to hear from you.
- Advanced or master's degree in finance, economics or mathematics, such as a CA, CMA, CWA or MBA
- Experience working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Experience working in large teams or at a national/multinational organisation
- Experience communicating complex information and solutions to senior stakeholders and influence decisions
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).