Are you hungry to progress your career in finance? Are you an experienced Finance Assistant
looking for a role that will support you with your qualifications and offer a clear pathway for your career? Experienced in AR and AP?
Our client is one of the UK's leading food manufacturers operating across two sites in Leeds.
Production on site include some of the UK's best loved names in the UK's food market and we're proud to be working with these award-winning industry leaders whose brands take pride of place on supermarket shelves and in kitchen cupboards across the globe.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Assistant
to join their finance team based in Leeds.
You will report to the Ledger Controller and work in a team of 6 Financial Assistants, the Finance Assistant will be instrumental in ensuring the AR ledgers are well managed in accordance with company policy and procedure.
The ideal candidate will be someone looking to complete their AAT studies and wanting to continue to complete their professional exams and further progress with their career in finance.
Key responsibilities of a Finance Assistant
- Maintaining the AR ledger and collecting overdue debt by telephone and email
- Invoicing customers
- AR receipt input
- AR invoice/credit note creation
- POD scanning
- Using the Documentation electronic system to process AP invoices
- Taking incoming calls
- Resolving customer queries
- New customer creation and policy adherence
- Price change control
- Daily incoming post
- Fraud compliance
- Month end preparation including journal processing, accruals, prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, P&L Analysis, balance sheet analysis
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the Ledger Manager and Senior Finance
Skills required to be a successful Finance Assistant
- Ability to work in a close team and lone working
- Two years experience in AP & AR
- Excel knowledge
- SAGE knowledge
- Attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- Hours of work Monday - Friday
- 37.5 hours per week. Flexible on start and finish times
- This is a hybrid role, 3 days in the office and 2 from home after probation.
- Salary £24k-£26K•
- Study package support
If you are interested, please click apply now and one of our recruitment specialists will be in touch.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.