An established Accountancy Practice with offices in Durham are looking for an Accounts Senior to join their team. A competitive salary is on offer for the successful individual alongside other benefits including 22 days of holiday plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday! This company also has flexible hours, time in off in lieu, hybrid working (2 days a week from home) and further.
Reporting to an Audit & Accounts Manager, you will be involved in the delivery of accounts preparation for a portfolio of some of the most innovative and exciting clients across our region. The delivery of your work will be supplemented using cutting-edge technology to enhance efficiencies and client delivery.
As Accounts Senior your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Prepare accounts from a variety of clients' systems including Sage, Xero and QuickBooks Online
- Prepare draft corporation tax computations
- Action queries raised by the accounts and tax managers on the draft accounts and tax computations
- Finalise the accounts and corporation tax computations following client meetings
- Act as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries
- Provide training, guidance, and support to members of the team as required
- Make suggestions for updating and improving the department and the firm's systems and processes
- Attend clients' premises predominantly across the North-East and Yorkshire depending on office location
- Other ad hoc duties, as required
To be successful in this Accounts Senior role, you will:
- AAT level 4 qualified
- Proven experience of owner-managed small to medium business accounts preparation including statutory financial statements
- Recent general practice background, with exposure to accounts and/or tax
- Proven experience of delivering excellent client service
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident speaking to clients face to face, over the telephone and by email
- Relevant accounts and or tax experience, as well as experience of using tax preparation software.
Based in Durham, this role is commutable from areas in and around Durham and surrounding areas including West Rainton, Shincliffe, Kimblesworth and further. Free car parking is available on site and is easily located via public transport.
If interested in this Accounts Senior opportunity, please click apply now or get in touch to have a confidential conversation today.
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.