An exciting opportunity for a Temporary Finance Assistant to join a business in Scarborough, for 1 to 2 months ongoing, in a full-time role. On offer is an hourly rate of circa £13 to £16 per hour, with potential permanent opportunities for the right individual too. This role can also offer some flexibility with hours, needing between 30 to 37.5 hours per week.
Key responsibilities of the Temporary Finance Assistant will include:
- Ensure that the Ledgers are kept in good order and any account discrepancies are investigated and resolved.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations for key control accounts, including bank reconciliations
- Maintain precise and timely accounting records, ensuring compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
- Ensure timely processing of month-end accounting records using SAGE accounting, SAGE payroll, and Deputy.
- Review Aged Debtors and Creditors monthly, diligently addressing outstanding balances.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of monthly staff payroll, meeting statutory requirements.
- Manage new starters, leavers, and monthly payroll contract changes with precision.
- Oversee pay reviews to align pay rates with national minimum wage standards.
- Manage maternity/paternity leave and statutory payments efficiently, as well as administer pension enrolment in compliance with legal requirements
- Undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time by the Finance Manager to assist in the general running of the department.
You must be able to complete all or some of the above to be considered for this role and to be able to support this business on a temporary basis.
We are keen to speak with individuals who have previous experience in a similar position, you may be an Assistant Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Officer, or Finance Manager looking for a new opportunity, or a Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Payable, Sales Ledger Clerk or Accounts Receivable looking to progress.
To be successful in this Temporary Finance Assistant role opportunity, you will ideally:
- Hold an accountancy qualification such as your AAT/ACCA/ACA/CIMA or have equivalent experience
- Have relevant experience of working within a Finance team, looking after day-to-day finances of an organisation.
- Be proficient in accountancy software knowledge, such as Sage, Xero or Quickbooks. Ideally, you will also have good MS Office Excel skills too.
- Have exceptional organisational, communication and team working skills
Based in Scarborough, this role is commutable from Pickering, Malton, Norton, Filey, Hunmanby and surrounding areas. This is also accessible via regular public transport links, with car parking on-site too.
If you are interested in this Temporary Finance Assistant position, please apply now or get in touch to have a confidential conversation today.
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.