More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton. Job Description: NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Financial Services Business Risk Services practice focuses on helping organisation manage risk, improve operational processes and realise strategic objectives. Our team brings together a range of skills and experience across sector specialisms. Our Financial Services Business Risk Services (FS BRS) team, provide clients with support on their internal audit functions, through the provision of tailored, flexible and cost-effective solutions, that provide access to industry best practice methodology, value add insights and subject matter experts.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life. A look into the role
As a Financial Services Business Risk Services Associate Director within our Financial Services Business Risk Services (FS BRS) team you will:
Knowing you’re right for us
- You’ll take ownership and lead on allocated assignments in a way that exceeds client expectations while taking responsibility for managing and developing staff.
- You’ll manage a portfolio of existing client relationships and build and maintain good working relationships with all clients and colleagues.
- You’ll agree budgets for review with Partner and/or client.
- You’ll monitor invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors don’t escalate.
- You’ll lead client liaison meetings and attend audit committee meetings
Joining us as a Financial Services Business Risk Services Associate Director, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a professional qualification (CIPFA CISA, CISM, CISP, or similar) with post qualification experience, and to be confident managing a large portfolio of internal audit clients. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
Knowing we’re right for you
- Professional practice experience
- Track record of leading client engagements and ensuring their effective completion/quality
- Demonstrable experience of leading and supporting business development/winning of new work
- Oversights of team members and personal development of direct reports
- Strong experience of auditing Cyber Security Data Protection/Privacy (inc GDPR), IT strategy, change management, business continuity and IT disaster recovery, IT infrastructure (including databases) and IT asset management.
- Technical awareness of auditing experience of common operating systems financial applications, and underlying databases.
- Familiarity with engaging at senior levels (CIO, CTO, CISO)
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work. Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.