Manager of People:
• Acting as a coach to direct reports, driving performance and training needs
• Responsible for managing, motivating and developing the skills, competencies and knowledge of team members in line with policies and procedures, including overseeing and managing of staff appraisals and objective setting
• Maintain staff competence by ensuring that staff skills or knowledge gaps are met with appropriate training and development so they are able to perform to their maximum capability and fulfil their potential and the requirements of the business
• Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the company
• Champion the drive to develop a high performance culture, with active and timely management of underperformance for the benefit of all of our associates and our clients
• Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to the team maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation and morale
• Understand a client or prospect’s business, situations, opportunities, problems and key issues
• Manage senior relationships and negotiate complex placements with the insurance market
• Work with Account Executives and Sales Team in determining appropriate solutions and structuring and pricing the deal
• Identify appropriate markets and determine placing strategy
• Create and grow relationships with underwriters in London and international markets at a Senior level
• Experience in pricing and designing conceptual programmes
• Ensure ongoing compliance with Willis Towers Watson guidelines and procedures.
• Ensure good relationships and communication with other Willis Towers Watson associates
• A thorough understanding and an expert real time user for all relevant systems including Broking Platform
• Preferably ACII qualified or working towards the ACII qualification
• A proven track record in Insurance Broking or Underwriting is essential
• A good knowledge of the insurance market in order to address client and technical issues
• Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent technical skills
• Good presentation abilities
• Ability to assimilate and apply large volumes of information rapidly
• Negotiation skills coupled with the ability to be flexible and innovative
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
• Able to prioritise, manage deadlines and work under pressure
• Comfortable explaining complex concepts and making recommendations to clients/client servicing teams
• Must be able to forge links between broking and client servicing teams
• Ability to adapt personal style to work effectively with a wide range of clients, colleagues and underwriters
• Must be prepared to work with integrity and openness, complying at all times with FCA requirements.
• Good IT skills with excellent Excel usage capability
Our work style: At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and WTW offers flexible working opportunities and part-time working.
What can we offer you? As an industry leader, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: pension, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care voucher and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover and many other options.
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.