Kick-start your career in accountancy with Ellacotts!
Ellacotts has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Accountant to join our team based in Banbury, Oxfordshire. You will join us on a full-time basis (37.5 hr per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus great company benefits!Purpose of the role
Whilst under supervisory guidance to provide a high-quality service to clients and to contribute to the development of the practice. To develop your own skills with the goal of achieving formal Chartered or Certified qualification status through an apprenticeship scheme in either Accounts and Audit or Tax.Responsibilities
- Prepare client accounts based on information supplied by the client.
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Prepare time budget for tasks, assisted by seniors.
- Identify business advisory points for managers to raise with clients.
- Liaising with clients where appropriate.
- Drafting letters and other correspondence as required
- Monitoring your own job quality and quantity in line with agreed standards.
- Support the team with the production of their work.
- Record your own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery.
- Attend training and achieve success in your given qualification. Observing the guidelines laid out in your training agreement. Utilising the support and guidance offered by the firm.
- Achieve examination success.
- Preparation of simple tax returns
- Potentially required to attend client sites to carry out audit work, outsourced accounts, or ad hoc project work
- Assist with administration tasks as necessary to support the team.
Accounts and Audit roles
This team works with Owner Managed Businesses, Charities, and UK subsidiaries of large international groups. They have close contact with the client and regularly spend significant amounts of time at client sites on audits understanding the client’s business and control environment. The majority of clients are within commutable distance of our offices, but there are several which enable travel to other parts of the UK.
Agricultural Accounts roles
Our specialist sector focuses on the rural industry. This is highly client-focused, working with families and estates mixing accounts and tax, adding high value through outstanding client service.
Our expert tax team focuses on the complex taxation needs of high-net-worth individuals and businesses and is a highly technical and rewarding area.Requirements
- AAT/ATT Entry Requirement: A-levels or Equivalent, or Non-Relevant Degree
- ACA/ACCA Entry Requirement: Relevant Degree or Equivalent
Personal qualities required
We are passionate about our values. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Focussed: Building solid positive professional and personal client relationships by providing excellent client service.
- Teamwork: Valuing and working with each other with mutual respect in a positive, collaborative, and approachable environment.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing. We are trustworthy, and honest and comply with professional and ethical standards.
- Enthusiastic: Being the best, and enjoying what we do. We celebrate success, inspire others, and are fully engaged.
- Progressive: Making a difference and challenging the status quo. We challenge what we do and how we do it, ensuring our clients receive the latest and best possible advice or services.
Individual job requirements
- Live within commuting distance of the office.
- Driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Work outside normal hours as required.
- Right to work in the UK.