Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day.
We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow-people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.The role
The Risk Management team oversees the management of the UPS International Insurance company, which provides insurance services for United Parcel Service Inc. and its subsidiaries. One of the main purposes of the team is to ensure risks are mitigated in order to help decrease the costs of accidents and claims against UPS companies.Responsibilities
Critical performance indicators
- Assistance in the completion of monthly data extraction, analysis, and reporting tasks (e.g. on claim numbers, financials, and trends);
- Assisting with claims analysis leading towards presentations relating to accident prevention and accountability, and the continued development of ad-hoc Risk Management reports to this end;
- Data collection, verification and presentation for Region and Corporate Risk Managers;
- Managing the internal access requests for the claim reporting platforms for various requirements and countries;
- Preparing Driving History Letters for current/ex-employees of UPS;
- Assisting with Claims Management for the Europe Region; including data extraction and claims analysis;
- Daily Cash Flow Forecasting and payment administration for UPS International Insurance;
- Responsible for the monitoring of recoverable claims in the UK, working with multiple contacts to gather the required information;
- Responsible for UPS International Insurance claim payments;
- Completing on site audits on third party service providers throughout Europe to ensure claims are handled to the standard expected and working with providers to improve processes;
- Maintaining and updating the Risk Management departmental procedures relating to all activities above.
Knowledge and experience
- Completion of daily and monthly tasks efficiently and to the required timescales;
- Completion of ad-hoc analysis and project tasks and the timely communication of these as required to the Risk Management department and other UPS departments.
- Must be working towards an undergraduate degree in any field which requires analytical skills. A year in industry must form part of your degree for you to be eligible to apply;
- Potential to develop strong project management, communication (written and oral), interpersonal and networking skills;
- Proficient PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Ability to manipulate and analyse data using common programs, plus the initiative to create and explore potential routes of enquiry and develop these to the point where they can be presented and discussed within the Risk department and other UPS departments.
Please note Post-Graduate applications will be automatically rejected.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.