Working in the FX Control team, within the wider finance group, the primary function of the team is the management and hedging of the Firm’s Foreign Exchange (FX) exposure. In addition, the team is also responsible for the group’s cash control and consolidated intercompany process. The role focuses on the controls and reconciliations of the groups FX management, cash and liquidity management, as well as the monthly intercompany and related party CFU process.
Daily reconciling of the Treasury Desks’ trading activity and FX Margin process, as well as daily reporting of the groups FX exposure are also key areas of the role. The role provides a wide and varied exposure to many areas of finance including, general financial accounting, Treasury, cash and liquidity management and other product control functions. The position also requires regular reporting to other regional offices and department heads across the globe.Key Responsibilities
- Daily Treasury/FX product control for vanilla & derivative FX products
- Finance monitoring processes/reconciliation and documentation
- Management reporting, variance analysis, currency P&L forecasting and analytics
- Service Company cash management and CFU processing
- Monthly Intercompany reporting to Finance management
- Consolidated Intercompany review and settlement
- Related party net-down and currency management
- Daily control reports and liaison with report recipients
- Daily FX exposure management, reporting and controls
- Daily Margin reporting
- Regulated reporting 10Q/10K financials
- Ad hoc projects & reporting as required by Finance management
- Graduate - Preferably from an accounting and finance or economics background.
- The ability to build and develop strong relationships with all vested stakeholders, Finance, Front Office, Operations and support areas.
- Able to converse well across a wide range of seniority within the firm and work as part of a larger team.
- Plans and prioritises workload to ensure timely delivery.
- Can manage own workload and assist other team members during peak periods.
- A self-starter with a flexible approach, adaptable to new situations and can learn quickly and think in a strategic manner.
- Strong excel and numeracy skills essential.
- Foreign exchange/derivative knowledge preferred but not essential.
- Must be willing to further develop via accredited professional qualifications (ACCA, CIMA, AMCT).