As Financial Controller for a start-up fintech bank, you will be responsible for all aspects of accounting, financial controls and reporting including;
- Lead on the set up and build of financial systems (and implementation), processes and financial control frameworks for the bank
- Oversee the month end close process and preparation of management accounts with performance analysis and insights
- Prepare the monthly Exco, board and investor packs
- Prepare end of year financial statements on a timely basis
- Responsible for ensuring all tax returns are completed on a timely basis (tax advice to be taken from external sources)
- Lead and be the point of contact for the external audit process
- Be the technical accounting lead
- Oversee all aspects of operational finance including accounts payable
- Build a team of suitably qualified individuals
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualified experience gained within the banking sector. Any exposure to building out/scaling a finance function and systems implementation desirable. You will be someone who likes change and interested in working in start-ups.
Hybrid working is available with 3 days in the office and 2 from home.