Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
This is an exciting time to be joining our as we embark on several projects. We are seeking individuals who are looking for a chance to establish their career in a supportive environment where anything is possible. Are you ready to grow your career with us? If you are a team player with a desire to learn, then this is the role for you.
As a Credit Controller, you will ensure prompt collection and reconciliation of premiums, minimisation of bad debts and maximisation of cash flow. You will provide experience and support to the management team by ensuring daily and monthly targets are met with problems identified and overcome. To be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with one or more Client/Broker organisations ensuring that all operational issues are resolved in an efficient and effective manner.
Your new role
- Be aware of the annual business plan for the Underwriting Division/s your role supports.
- Understanding and incorporating the strategies for achieving individual or work unit objectives.
- Take full ownership of the Broker Accounts. Review all escalated unidentified cash or debt where there are collection difficulties to ensure these are cleared at the earliest opportunity. Ensuring all debt is received on the due date and all avenues are explored to collect overdue debt.
- Review Broker statements, ensuring that any unreconciled premiums are completed.
- Identify Brokers with high volumes of queries, identifying reason for queries enabling development of strategies to eliminate the need of queries, in collaboration with all parties concerned.
- Develop, maintain and enhance process documentation and user guides following the Document Standards templates.
- Analyse all processes related data, highlighting areas of concerns and propose working solutions where applicable.
- Resolve queries and issues that are raised by our internal and external clients as well as our extended team in the GSSC within required timeframes
- Perform any transactional activities that the extended team are responsible for, as and when required as part of the Business Continuity process
- Ensure quality and timely data capture across all processes is accurate enabling effective MI.
- Relationship management experience, establishing and maintaining strong business relationships
- Customer service experience with good communications, negotiation and influencing skills
- Intermediate level use of MS office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good understanding and ability to analyse detailed reports.
- Experience working within insurance, ideally underwriting administration and credit control experience within the Commercial/London Insurance market.
- Credit Control experience
We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/).
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;
5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner - Insurance Business Canada
Employer of the Year 2022 Winner - Insurance Insider
British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent
Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers.
ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future. Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE's sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative 'Premiums4Good', please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report (Link).
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let's make it happen!
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website.
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply! Simply click the "apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
APPLY NOW and let's make it happen!
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.